Tuesday 16 February 2016

Welcome!

Hello World!  This is just a bringing together of my academic endeavours to try and get feedback and interest on my work.  Ever since I was an undergrad, the complex politics and strains within British Civil War Great Yarmouth have obsessed me.  The complex personal interrelationships pulled apart not by the expected pressures of Royalism and Parliamentarianism. but instead along sectarian lines.  In the middle of this conflict comes an invitation to Matthew Hopkins, the Witch finder general, his presence the electrifying centre to an already convoluted tangle of intrigue that takes in Godly ministers, unscrupulous merchants, unwelcome military governors, herring pirates, sorcerers and poor old beggar women.  I hope my work here begins to untangle some of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment